Code of Conduct
The Milwaukee Rowing Club expects a high standard of behavior from all athletes. The following guidelines set out are minimum expectations while an athlete is participating in any Milwaukee Rowing Club activities.
- I represent my coaches, my family, all members of Milwaukee Rowing Club and myself, at all times.
- I understand and agree to adhere to Milwaukee Rowing Club zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of controlled substances. This includes but is not limited to alcohol, tobacco, and illegal drugs.
- I will abide by my coach's recommendations for a healthy lifestyle.
- I will demonstrate good sportsmanship and respect towards my teammates, my opponents, my coaches, other team coaches, parents, regatta staff, and officials.
- I will accept the decisions of my coaches and other officials.
- I will support my team in victory and defeat.
- I will accept and carry out the instruction of my coaches, regatta staff, officials, and designated chaperones in matters including but not limited to regatta rules, transportation, curfews and accommodations at all regattas.
- I will respect Milwaukee Rowing Club property and equipment and the property of equipment of others.
- I will refrain from activities that could damage any property and equipment.
- I understand that I am financially responsible for any damage that I cause by disobeying this rule.
- I will use appropriate language at all times.
- I will encourage and support my teammates and opponents, and will not criticize them.
- I will show respect in my actions and in my words to all people regardless of gender, race, creed, or socio-economic status.
- I will abide by all rules and laws of the United States of America, the State of Wisconsin, Milwaukee County and City of Milwaukee, and the country, state, province, county and city where I may be participating in an event.
I understand that violating or ignoring these guidelines will result in disciplinary action, including dismissal from the activity and Team. Parents will be contacted immediately and responsible for the activity dismissal arrangements.