MRC Alumni Compete On the National Stage
This is an exciting weekend in collegiate rowing. The NCAA National Championships (women) are taking place on Lake Natoma in California, and the IRA National Championships (men and lightweight women) are taking place on Lake Mercer in West Windsor, NJ. The Milwaukee Rowing Club is well represented by former Juniors competing for a collegiate national title.
The heats and reps are under way today, semifinals will be on Saturday, and finals will wrap up on Sunday. See information below on the athletes competing as well as info on following the results and live video feeds.
IRA National Championships
The Milwaukee Rowing Club has six former athletes competing in New Jersey this weekend.
- Ben Lawton ('14) - six seat for Princeton University in the Freshman 8+
- Teddy Boesen ('14) - bow seat in the Wisconsin Varsity 4+
- Jack Spencer ('13) - four seat in the Wisconsin 3rd Varsity 8+
- John Goodman ('12) - five seat in the Wisconsin 3rd Varsity 8+
- James Lueken ('13) - stroking the Wisconsin 2nd Varsity 8+
- Spencer Haas ('13) - four seat in the Boston University 2nd Varsity 8+
You can check out the live feed throughout the weekend by clicking the links on the USRowing youtube channel and see live results here. For more info see the regatta website.
NCAA National Championships
Former MRC athletes competing in California include:
- Katie Felsheim ('14) - coxswain in the Harvard University 2nd Varsity 8+
- Sofia Jonas ('12) - three seat in the Harvard University 2nd Varsity 8+
- Aly Schmit ('12) - five seat in the Indiana 2nd Varsity 8+
You can view the live results here and check out the live video feed. For additional info see the regatta website: http://www.ncaa.com/Rowing