Spring 2018 Season (Middle School Team)
May 1, 2018 - June 7, 2018
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:45 pm - 8:00pm
The middle school team focuses on the basics of rowing technique, mental strategies, and racing concepts. The program is catered to younger rowers and coxswains to prepare them for high school competitive rowing. The season consists of rowing in eights and fours where athletes will continue their development of the rowing stroke.
Middle School team members are not responsible for the annual membership fee. Middle School participants are only required to pay for seasonal fees. The cost of registration for the spring season is $150.
If you will miss some practices due to outside commitments we can accommodate your schedule. Please notify the coaching staff if you will be missing practices.
Middle School Team Timeline
The following is a breakdown of the timeline for all middle school students. We do allow some eighth grade students to join the high school team and many have had success in the past.
- All current 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students will continue with the middle school program for the spring season.
- Graduating 8th graders (high school freshman in fall 2018) will join the high school team at the beginning of the summer season.
- Graduating 7th graders (8th graders in fall 2018) may have the option to join the high school team for the summer season (with coach approval).
- Graduating 6th graders will continue with the middle school team through the summer.
- High school freshmen will be on the high school team.
- Students entering 8th grade (fall 2018) have the option to join the high school team (with coach approval).
- All other 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students will continue with the middle school team.
High School Program vs. Middle School Program
Students entering 8th grade in fall 2018 have the option to either continue rowing with the middle school program or join our competitive high school program. The middle school program focuses on basic rowing techniques in a non-competitive environment. The high school program has an intensive training schedule, longer and more frequent practices, longer season, and increased costs to be involved with. Multiple 8th grade students have successfully joined the high school team in the past, and it is something you may want to consider as the parent of an 8th grader. Note: must be approved by the coaching staff.
Middle School Summer Practice Schedule
June 12 -- July 19
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 2:00 - 4:00 PM
Practices will shift from the evening to the afternoon. New members will add to the team as they complete Learn to Row sessions through the summer.
High School Summer Practice Schedule
June 11 -- July 20
Monday - Friday, 7:30 - 10:00 AM
The high school team has three races in the summer season:
June 23 - Summer Scrimmage and Alumni Weekend, Milwaukee, WI
July 6-7 -- Chicago Sprints, Chicago, IL
July 22 -- Twin Cities Sweeps, Eden Prairie, MN